Hello everyone! Geez, it’s been exactly a month since my last blog post?? Sorry for the silence, a little thing called “life” had me wrapped up in things but don’t worry, I return with a fun tutorial! 😀
A few blog post ago I did a felt plushie camera from a site called Hapy Friends Shoppe. Yet again, I found an amazingly simple and irresistible tutorial from them, a cute kitty top! The full tutorial is here but I’m going to give you a quick run down.
– A plain sweater/shirt/hoodie
– Lace (optional)
– Safety pin (optional)
1. Print the template for the kitty face then cut it out. TIP: You may need to resize the template before printing because it prints fairly large.
2. Cut out the kitty face on felt pieces. Then assemble them on your shirt.
3. Time to sew! Bring your shirt to life 🙂
4. Let’s make the bow. First cut a rectangular piece of fabric. Fold the edges and sew around to make them round. Pinch the center so it has a bow shape and sew the middle together. Cut another thin strip of fabric to wrap around the middle of the bow. Afterwards, sew the bow to the shirt. Or as another option, glue the safety-pin to the back so it can be attachable.
5. This last step is optional, it is just adding lace around the collar of the shirt. I think it adds a cute touch. And that’s it!
This project took a little over an hour, the longest part was sewing on the cat face and making sure each side was even. I like this tutorial because it was quick, easy, and gave a sweater I’ve never even worn a fresh new look. Also, I really appreciate hand sewn projects since I currently don’t have a sewing machine anymore.
I’ve been checking out DIY clothing projects lately, so I hope to find something new and share with you all. I’m also working on crocheting a sweater without a pattern. Which will probably be done….in a long time! >_< Here are a few other crochet works I’ve done recently:
Among these projects was a horribly mishaped Dora the Explorer doll for my little cousin, but she loved it to death and I couldn’t have been happier to see her glowing face. The Saber doll is from an anime called Fate/Stay Night, and was a birthday gift for my boyfriend since it is his favorite anime character. Also the plushie frogs were for him. He has been getting spoiled. It needs to stop! (He’s not so great. He complained I didn’t explain the dolls were for him so now here I am editing it for his convenience. I HOPE YOU’RE HAPPY.)
Summer is almost over, and lately I’ve been a bit on the sad side with Chris going to full-time school, so we wont be seeing eachother everyday anymore. Also I’ve started working and have to take a year off of school, which also makes me bummed. But this is just life at the moment, I’m know things will be alright! 😀
Hope everyone else has had a great summer and is doing well! I’ll try to keep updating regularly again. 🙂 Bye for now!